superiorspideybutt said: I'll post your photos soon....temporarliy lost the files but I've got them back and will post asap. :)
Awesome. Thank you
Post reblogged from Hogwarts will always be there to welcome you home. with 188,228 notes
okay okay but hear me out: wizarding tattoos
tattoos of cats that wind around your ankles, birds that fly across your back when you move, a wand that moves when you move your own wand, a map on the back of your hand that shows your current location
the possibilities are endless
I wish this were a real thing.
Photo reblogged from Hogwarts will always be there to welcome you home. with 41,847 notes
Ok. So the Harry Potter fandom is one of the largest there is here on this website. And we’ve been starved of books and films for
way too fucking longquite a few years. Now there is a massive fan film coming up, for those of you who don’t know, called The Gathering Storm. It’s a film based in the Marauders era. From what I’ve seen, it’s looking really really good, and the cast is PERFECT. But here is the thing. They need $40,000 by Tuesday, April 22, 2014. If they don’t get it by then, this probably won’t happen. So I’m begging all those of you who can, to DONATE. If you can’t donate, atleast reblog this post so more people can know of it.
I’m calling on all of you Potterheads for your support, because I know this is a massive fandom, and we can really help this happen.
Come on you guys, if tumblr can get someone a fluffy chicken, we can definitely make this happen.
DONATE IF YOU CAN AND REBLOG REBLOG REBLOG AND WE MIGHT HAVE A FANFILM SOON.
"Come on you guys, if tumblr can get someone a fluffy chicken, we can definitely make this happen."
Do the braid
This is just the basics of braiding. If you know these 8 basic braids, you can do billions of differend hairstyles. Here’s a roundup, from top to bottom, left to right. There’s always a link to a basic tutorial and then a few links to hairstyles you can do with that type of braid.
1. Regular, 3-strand braid
2. 4-strand braid
3. Rope braid
4. French braid
5. Fishtail braid
6. 5-strand braid
7. Dutch braid
8. Waterfall braid
Photoset reblogged from with 433,747 notes
Oh my god, the kitten and the lizard
Photo reblogged from Hogwarts will always be there to welcome you home. with 7,387 notes
Rebloggable by request
Reasons Why I Don’t Think James Potter Bullied Snape
- “James and Snape hated each other from the moment they set eyes on each other, it was just one of those things, you can understand that, can’t you?” -Sirius Black, OOTP, p. 590
- “Well, Snape was a special case. He never lost an opportunity to curse James so you couldn’t really expect James to take that lying down, could you?” -Remus Lupin, OOTP, p. 591
- “…it was also enchanted to forever repel (as insultingly as possible) the curiosity of their nemesis, Severus Snape.” -JK Rowling, Pottermore, Marauder’s Map. The term nemesis, as defined by Dictionary.com means “an opponent or rival whom a person cannot best or overcome.” Implying they were on equal footing. As in anything Snape received, he paid back in full.
- In Snape’s Worst Memory, James attacks Snape with a common jinx (that Snape himself invented) and Snape retaliates with a dark curse. What makes anyone think that Snape was incapable of using one to incapacitate James or Sirius?
- Snape had a group of friends who grew up to be Death Eaters and who harassed Muggle-borns in school. I’m sure they attempted retaliation on the Marauders. It doesn’t make any sense that they would choose not to fight against those who they most likely hate most, meaning that Snape would have just as much ability to double-team James.
- It takes a certain amount of compassion to dedicate your life to saving innocent people, and James was a member of the Order of the Phoenix. If he really harassed and tortured Snape to make him feel like shit, as is implied by many, I doubt he would have enough compassion to join an organization based on protecting everyone (read: you would have to save people you hated sometimes).
- Literally everyone who talks about James other than Snape loves him. Dumbledore, Hagrid, Sirius, Remus, everyone. Surely if he was that terrible to someone, at least one other person would hate him, wouldn’t they?
Great points that I’ve always thought were overlooked by many people. More points to consider:
- James grew up in a privileged, blessed household, yet he empathizes with nearly everyone, esp minorities. Peter was a talentless underdog, an outcast, a no one. Sirius coming from a repressing, abusive household. Lily as a muggle-born, and muggle-borns in general. Don’t even get me started on Remus and his lycanthropy issue, that is downright stunning how James handled that.
- Snape invented spells designed to hurt other people. James suspended him in the air, Snape attempted to slice his head open. One of them was intending to humiliate, the other was intending to maim or kill.
- “Well, they [James and Snape] did rather detest each other. Not unlike yourself and Mr. Malfoy. And then, your father did something Snape could never forgive.” “What?” “He saved his life.” (Dumbledore, SS/SP). This is an important parallel between James and Harry; in the end they both saved Snape’s and Draco’s lives respectively, despite their animosities towards another. The differing factor between these pair of rivals was that the Potter boys had enough capacity for compassion that they succeeded in saving the lives of their enemies.
- Sirius says in GoF that during Hogwarts, Snape was in a gang full of future Death Eaters, some of who were mentioned: Rosier and Wilkes, the Lestranges, Avery and Mulciber (GoF, Padfoot Returns). That’s a large gang, far bigger than the four Marauders, especially when you consider that James and Sirius were the ringleaders and Remus and Peter didn’t participate in most of their activities.
- Dumbledore, Hagrid, McGonagall, Sirius, Remus, Kingsley Shacklebolt, Mad Eye Moody, Emmeline Vance, Elphias Doge, Dedalus Diggle, and Hestia Jones spoke highly of James (hell even Peter knew James had compassion enough not to kill him).
- When Hagrid gives Harry the photo album of his parents in First Year, he says that he owled all of Lily and James’ old school friends for photos of them. All of those people loved Lily and James, and kept photos of them long after school, and after their deaths.
At the end of the day, James and Snape both treated each other like shit, but they had their reasons (despite how petty those reasons were, to them it was of utmost importance, we’re not living in their shoes and experiencing the same level of animosity), and it’s unfair to say that Snape was simply an innocent victim when we canonly know that he wasn’t. You can even say that James bullied a bully. Snape was a racist bigot who felt that a minority were subhuman and not on the same standard as he was. He joined a terrorist organization whose purpose was to torture, incapacitate and kill Muggle-borns and Muggles. His greatest virtue was his ability to love a single person in his life, however his compassion ends there.
People are all too willing to judge James based on SWM alone, when in fact JKR had been building up the goodness of his character in all seven books. James was capable of showing kindness to everyone but Snape; begrudging him for that is unfair because the feeling was mutual. At least James had the decency to step in and save Snape’s life at one point; Snape wasn’t capable of doing that for him even years later.
Post reblogged from with 495,137 notes
Enjoying some dark chocolate almond milk in my favorite cup before work
it’s the cutest cup :3
i see your cat cup and raise you a cat bowl
Your cat bowl has nothing on my
u wanna go
have a taste of my cat teapot
Bro, get a look at my
Biatch please, I have a gang.
It’s like that Subway commercial where everyone loves Avocados
Post reblogged from with 236,293 notes
Shall I compare thee to a summer’s day?
HOT AS FUCK
The Avengers Script [X]
"like a piece of shit rag doll" whedon is a poet
Page 1 of 56